The tour, which is part of Green Space Colorado, will showcase eight of Denver’s greenest restaurants throughout the month of April. (And Root Down is one of the participants!) Learn about each restaurant’s green efforts while enjoying drink & appetizer specials.
Here’s a look at the tour schedule:
Monday, April 5, 6-8 pm
1515 Market Street
Wednesday, April 7, 6-8 pm
837 East 17th Ave. #103
Monday, April 12, 11 am-1 pm
2023 East Colfax Ave.
City O’ City
Monday, April 19, 6-8 pm
206 East 13th Ave.
Tuesday, April 20, 10 am-12 pm
2262 Larimer Street
Wednesday, April 21, 5-7 pm
2239 West 30th Ave.
Monday, April 26, 5:30-7:30 pm
2413 West 32nd Ave.
Wednesday April 28, 6-8 pm
1600 West 33rd Ave.
Tour passes are complimentary and can be downloaded here. Simply RSVP for the places you want to check out, present your pass to the host, and enjoy!
All of the participating restaurants are part of Denver’s Green Route, which, according to greenroutedenver.com, is “a green map for the City of Denver that showcases the cutting edge sustainable businesses and organizations making our city a global leader in sustainability.”
Download the Green Route Map for a list of incredible earth-friendly businesses across the city.
For those of you who didn’t already know, here are some sustainable facts about Root Down:
- 100% wind powered
- Seasonal organic on-site garden
- Local farms, sustainable and organic products are used whenever possible
- Reverse osmosis water for all cooking, drinking, ice and sodas
- Cardboard, glass, plastic and cooking oil are all recycled
- Approximately 70% of Root down was built and finished with reclaimed, reused and recycled materials (including a basketball court as the dining room floor and a bowling alley as the bar top)
Hope you can make it to one or many of these incredible restaurants this month. Be sure to mark your calendars!