Anyone who knows me, knows how passionate I am about everything the Highland neighborhood has to offer. So, I was thrilled to see more than 50 local merchants turn out July 25th, for a tour and informational meeting at Tejon34. Hosted by Stasko Agency client Red Chair Realty Advisors, the event gave merchants the opportunity to view a beautiful property and learn more about the neighborhood where they run their businesses. Attendees represented a wide range of businesses, from restaurants such as Highland Tap and Burger and Pasquini’s to
retailer such as Goldyn and Amendment XXI and the new dentistry practice, Pearl Dentistry.
Red Chair partners Paul Tamburello and Rick Flanagan provided an update on commercial and residential projects and also offered information about the changing demographics of the neighborhood. As a longtime Highland resident and business owner, I was happy to share some fun facts about my favorite stomping ground. Did you know that:
- Highland includes more than 7,000 households
- When you are speaking about both the Lower Highland and West Highlands, it’s commonly referred to as “The Highlands.” But when the Lower Highland – on its own- is simply called Highland (no “s”).
- There are 48 retaurants/bars in the neighborhood.
- Highland is bounded by Federal Boulevard to the west, Interstate 25 to the east, 38th Avenued to the north and Speer Boulevard to the south.
- Highland is home to seven churches and one monastery.
We also discussed more effective ways to work together as business owners. To help spur more partnerships, I’ll be sending out a “Merchant Messenger” to promote merchant specials and events. We are also in the process of creating a welcome gift basket for new residents that would include items and discount cards from local businesses.
Since the response to the first gathering was so strong, we’ve decided to start meeting monthly! Our next event will be held on August 29th from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Linger, 2030 W. 30th Ave. If you want to learn more, feel free to call or email me – email@example.com. Also, be sure to follow me on Facebook for updates: www.facebook.com/TheStaskoAgency.